Trial of the Sword (Cave of Trials Challenge)
- Link starts without any armor or weapons, and if he defeats all of the enemies in the room can proceed to the next area.
- Includes ~45 rooms to complete.
- When all the trials are cleared the Master Sword will always be powered-up and illuminated.
- The “ranks” of enemies, as you know them, have been increased. An enemy previously “Red” will change to “Blue.”
- Enemies will slowly recover health in battle.
- They will have higher aggro radius’ (making Link easier to spot as he approaches them.)
- Floating planks held up by balloons will have monsters you can kill to collect treasure.
Hero’s Path Mode
- Will document every step players take and mark their path in green on their map.
- The route taken will be tracked for the player’s last 200 hours of play time, with a slider allowing players to track their footsteps on a timeline.
- Found in a new treasure chest, players can use it to create a temporary travel point where they are currently standing. Link can then transport back to that spot at any time.
- After finding it, the Korok mask will shake whenever a Korok is hidden somewhere nearby.
- Eight new pieces of themed equipment from fan-favorite games and characters will be added to the game after downloading The Master Trials expansion.
The next DLC, The Champions Ballad, arrives this holiday season. It includes new story content featuring the game’s four Champions: Mipha, Urbosa, Daruk, and Revali, who lived 100 years before the events of the main game.
I’ll later include a guide to all the game’s new additions, and add it beneath a “read more” at the bottom of this post.